One place we have stayed at several times now when visiting the Anaheim area (Disneyland in California) is Staybridge Suites on Manchester Avenue.
|Entrance to Staybridge|
- Most (if not all) the rooms come with a kitchen. This really comes in handy when travelling with a group. If you are like us and don't like to eat out three meals a day it gives you the option of cooking in your own room. Helps the wallet too.
- If you get a two bedroom you have a living room. Its nice not to feel super squished in a tiny hotel room all week long. Its especially nice to have space for the little ones to play.
- They have a complimentary breakfast every morning and it was more then enough to fill everyone in our family (including my very hungry husband.) Eggs, bacon, bagels, yogurt, fruit... the list goes on and on. Fantastic way to kick off your morning!
- Several nights a week they offered complimentary 'appetizers' around dinner time. I would hardly call hot dogs, hamburgers and chips an appetizer! That did us for the evening! Again - helps the wallet by not needing to go out for dinner.
- Wonderful large heated pool and hot tub. Really nice layout outside with greenery and lots of seating.
- Free Internet throughout the hotel including an Internet station in the lobby. Awesome for checking in for your flights.
|Common room/Eating area|
The Bads:- It is not within walking distance to the parks. I know for some this is an automatic shutdown. For us, its never been a problem. You are close enough to see the parks in the distance and we enjoyed watching the fireworks from the window in the hallway one night. To get to the park you will need to rely on the ART (Anaheim resort transit) system. They stop at the hotel approximately every 20-40 minutes and cost a few dollars a day.
- The hotel is getting a little outdated in decor. Everything works and is quite comfortable, but it could use a little bit of sprucing up.
|Living room area of the suites. Kitchen behind and two bedrooms on either side (each with own bathroom)|